The NETLink® PRO Compact combines flexibility with a compact design. Power is supplied to the NETLink® through the CPU of the automation device or externally with DC 24 V as an option.
The network connection can be used with any standard Cat-5 cable, making cable lengths up to 100 meters feasible without additional components.
In general, the connection to each MPI/PROFIBUS connection of the bus system or directly at the interfaces of active and passive participants is also possible.
The PG socket integrated in the connector housing allows connection of additional devices. The NETLink® PRO Compact enables conversion from TCP/IP to MPI/PPI/PROFIBUS with up to 32 simultaneously open connection channels, and passive bus participants can be addressed with the switchable single-master operation.
The integration of SCADA, HMI, and OPC applications is possible via the widely used ISO on TCP (RFC 1006) protocol. The applications are automatically detected and forwarded by the NETLink® PRO Compact. The integrated web interface offers parameterization, diagnostic, and security features, and for functional enhancements the user can use our free diagnostic software SHTools to automatically perform firmware updates, for example.
The software’s latest version is available for download.
• RFC 1006 (ISO on TCP)
• CPU-to-CPU communication (with S7-300* and S7-400*)
• Power can be supplied by the CPU or, alternatively, by an external DC 24 V supply
• Support for all common S7 engineering tools
• Dynamic address assignment using DHCP
• Security functions for securing TCP/IP access
• PLC write protection feature can be enabled and disabled
• Up to 16 TCP connections
• Up to 32 MPI/PROFIBUS connections
• Easy configuration via web interface
• Variables can be monitored on a browser window
• Support for configuring slave parameters
• Electrical isolation for MPI/PPI/PROFIBUS
• MPI/PPI/PROFIBUS from 9.6 kbps to 12 Mbps
• For S7-200*, S7-300*, S7-400*